Effective Power Plant Security: Coal Fired Power Generation
Protection with effective perimeter security holds paramount importance for large-scale industries. Outdoor perimeters need securing against the threat of theft, vandalism and potentially even terrorism.
In previous blog posts we have referenced some of the high profile industrial sites where our security systems have been installed. These include:
- Explosives stores (British China Clay 26 km site)
- Petrochemical plants (BP, & Chevron)
- Nuclear Power Plants (BNFL)
Power generation is without doubt one of the most important industrial sectors in the world. We have already mentioned power plant security for nuclear powered sites but what about gas and coal-fired plants?
Let us stop for a moment and look at some interesting power generation statistics:
United States Of America
- In 2011 coal fired plants accounted for 42% of the country's electricity production (click here for more details)
- In 2011 nuclear power plants accounted for 19.2% of the country's electricity production
- In 2011 coal fired plants accounted for 30% of the country's electricity production
- In 2011 nuclear power plants provided circa 16% of the country's electricity production (click here to read more)
Listed in the British Government Security Catalogue, Flexiguard™ is a product with a proven track record of efficiency and reliability over many years and on many sites including military base perimeters.
What's more the power of Flexiguard™ goes way beyond the industrial sector. It even protects globally important historic sites such as the Great Pyramids of Giza! Now there is a site which generates power of a different kind!